Skip to main content
Menu Icon

InfoBytes Blog

Financial Services Law Insights and Observations

California begins accepting applications for their Covid-19 rent relief program

State Issues California Covid-19 Mortgages Tenant Rights

State Issues

On March 15, California launched their CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program to aid landlords and renters who have unpaid rental debt due to Covid-19. In order to be eligible, a tenant must have “suffered a financial hardship” as a result of Covid-19 and have 80% or less of the area median income for their location. Landlords with eligible tenants may receive up to 80% of a tenant’s unpaid rent if they agree to waive the remaining 20%.