Buckley Sandler Webcast: HMDA Rulemaking Update with Warren Traiger
Join Buckley Sandler attorney Warren Traiger for a discussion designed to assist in-house legal and compliance staff in understanding and preparing for the upcoming, significant changes to compliance under the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA).
Warren Traiger, a nationally recognized expert on fair lending and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) issues, whose research and analysis of HMDA data has been cited in publications of the Federal Reserve Banks of San Francisco, Boston, and Dallas, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and in testimony before the U.S. House Financial Services Committee. They will discuss the following topics:
- New HMDA Reporting Requirements
- Expanded data collection in 2018 and reporting in 2019
- Which lenders are covered
- Which loans are covered, including HELOCs and commercial loans
- Quarterly reporting for high volume lenders
- New data fields
- Impact on Fair Lending Compliance
- Information on applicant creditworthiness and loan pricing to be shared annually with the regulators
- Certain enhanced data will become public, facilitating analyses by the media and advocacy groups
- Impact on CRA Compliance
- CRA rating adversely affected by evidence of discrimination
- Enhanced HMDA data may mean more evidence of discrimination
- How to Prepare
- Data integrity
- Statistical analyses
Who Should Attend: This webcast will be of particular interest to in-house legal, compliance, operations and risk management professionals at banks and other financial services providers making residential mortgages.
When: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 from 2:00 to 3:00 pm ET
Registration is required. Please, no outside law firms, government agency personnel, consulting firms, or media. After registering and being approved, you will receive a confirmation email containing instructions for joining the webcast.