Buckley Sandler Webcast: It’s FHA Time Again – Updates and Practical Tips for This Year’s Process
Last year, a number of mortgagees were faced with delays and untimely certifications, as well as allegations of violations tied to operating activities and reporting events. In addition, while certain HUD officials have expressed a desire to reduce the government’s use of the False Claims Act to enforce FHA program requirements, others have signaled their intent to continue to pursued mortgagees for program violations. In this environment, Mortgagees should continue to identify and mitigate their risks prior to executing FHA’s annual certification statements. Hear industry leaders provide an overview of:
- Certification statements that raise the most questions for Mortgagees
- Lessons learned from last year’s annual recertification
- Circumstances resulting in an inability to certify
- HUD’s implementation of the Notice of Material Event reporting requirement
- Concerns related to disclosure of Confidential Supervisory Information
- Recent trends in annual certification-related enforcement
Who Should Attend: This webcast was of particular interest to in-house legal, compliance, and risk management personnel of Federal Housing Administration-approved mortgagees.
Registration required. Please, no outside law firms, government agency personnel, consulting firms, or media. After registering and being approved, you will receive a confirmation email containing instructions for joining the webcast.