Buckley | Treliant Risk Advisors Data Risk Solutions Webcast: Navigating Business Operations Following US-EU Safe Harbor Invalidation
The October 6th decision by the Court of Justice of the European Union invalidating the long-standing US-EU Safe Harbor is prompting thousands of businesses to reevaluate and restructure how personal data is sent from the EU to the US. Safe Harbor has been a mechanism used by many entities operating in the financial sector, including financial tech companies, lenders, securities firms, and service providers to financial institutions, though not for banks or savings associations, to permit data flows from the EU to the US ensuring “adequate” protection for personal data.
Join our experienced panelists for a discussion addressing the following issues:
- What is included in the CJEU decisions and what does it mean?
- How might the decision affect your business operations and what do you need to do?
- How does a company quickly identify and evaluate data flows to address the most critical business processes facing the highest risk from the EU Safe Harbor decision?
- What is the road ahead for Safe Harbor 2.0?
- What is the potential impact of the General Data Protection Regulation?
Who Should Attend: This webinar will be of particular interest to in-house legal, risk management, privacy, security, internal audit, and compliance personnel.