Subscribe to our FinCrimes Update for news about the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and related prosecutions and enforcement actions.
According to a September 11 news report, two top executives of an Italian oil and gas company are being investigated by Italian prosecutors for alleged corruption related to the companys 2011 acquisition of 50% of a Nigerian deepwater offshore oil field block. The executives include both the companys CEO, and its Chief Development, Operations, and Technology Officer. The company denied that any illegal conduct had occurred and noted its cooperation with the Milan Prosecutors Office related to the matter. The new investigation appears unrelated to the companys previous $365 million FCPA and Nigeria settlement with the DOJ and SEC, regarding the TSKJ-Nigeria joint venture.
Pfizer resolve FCPA matter with US DOJ and SEC related to conduct of subsidiaries in Bulgaria, China, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Italy, Kazakhstan, Russia and Serbia; total sanction exceeds $60 million.
- SEC Complaint, Pfizer
- SEC Complaint, Wyeth
- Pfizer Deferred Prosecution Agreement
- Pfizer DPA Excerpt: Enhanced Compliance Obligations
- Sherry-Maria Safchuk to discuss UDAAP at an American Bar Association webinar
- Jeffrey P. Naimon to discuss "What to expect: The new administration and regulatory changes" at the Mortgage Bankers Association Legal Issues and Regulatory Compliance Conference
- Jonice Gray Tucker to discuss “The future of fair lending” at the Mortgage Bankers Association Legal Issues and Regulatory Compliance Conference
- Steven R. vonBerg to discuss "LO comp challenges" at the Mortgage Bankers Association Legal Issues and Regulatory Compliance Conference
- Michelle L. Rogers to discuss "Major litigation" at the Mortgage Bankers Association Legal Issues and Regulatory Compliance Conference
- Michelle L. Rogers to discuss “The False Claims Act today” at the Federal Bar Association Qui Tam Section Roundtable