Inside Mortgage Finance Webinar: Preparing for New Mortgage Disclosures
Ben Olson and Joseph Kolar spoke on the the Inside Mortgage Finance webinar, "Preparing for New Mortgage Disclosures" on January 22, 2014.
The webinar discussed the specific requirements of the new mortgage disclosure rule, including how you can best position your company to bring these new disclosures on board without undue disruption.
Topics discussed included:
- What changes you should make to your systems and procedures when implementing the new forms,
- What changes require you to issue a revised form and how the revision affects the loan’s timeline,
- Who has to use the forms,
- Can and should you start using the new forms before the required date,
- What new disclosures appear on the new forms,
- What constitutes an “application” and sets the clock ticking for the three-day deadline to issue a Loan Estimate form,
- What your documentation responsibilities are, and
- What steps you should you be taking in 2014 to prepare for implementation of the new forms.