Webcasts & Speaking Engagements
Inside Mortgage Finance's Audio Conference: QM Checklist: Prepare for Ability-to-Repay/Qualified Mortgage Implementation
Jeffrey Naimon spoke on the panel of Inside Mortgage Finance's audio conference, "QM Checklist: Prepare for Ability-to-Repay/Qualified Mortgage Implementation," on Thursday, May 9, 2013, at 2:30 PM ET.
The panel discussed:
- What changes you should be making to paperwork and record retention
- What to consider as you weigh your product offerings
- What to expect from investors, including Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- How to identify “toxic features” and what to include in points-and-fees calculations
- Which rates, payments and balances should be used in underwriting
- When—and from what sources—to seek independent verification
- Which debts and obligations to examine
- What is an “eligible” loan and how will “eligibility” be determined
- What new steps you need to add to your originations process
- What to consider in deciding whether to continue affiliate relationships
- Whether you still want to be in the mortgage business
Click here to learn more about this audio conference.