Michelle L. Rogers discussed "BigLaw" at the Women in Business Law Leadership Conference
This session discussed:
- Alternative fee arrangements and how/why clients are requesting them
- Alternative service providers and the implications they have on traditional law firms
- Lateral opportunities - changes since 2008 and how the lateral market looks now
- Thoughts on in-house counsel on how they select outside counsel and determine spending
- Stratification - how firms are consolidating between those who do the best and highest priced work and the rest of the industry
- Managing for the downturn - what, if anything, are firms are doing to plan for the next financial downturn?