Alyssa M. Helfer is an Associate in the New York office of Buckley LLP. Ms. Helfer represents corporate and individual clients in a variety of litigation and enforcement matters, as well as internal investigations.
Her recent representations include:
- Advising and representing a client in arbitral award enforcement proceedings pursuant to the New York Convention, including successfully defeating opposing party’s jurisdictional objections in the district court and Court of Appeals
- Drafting and reviewing global policies and procedures for a financial services client, including coordination with compliance, legal, and business teams
- Negotiating with opposing counsel in complex civil litigation matters regarding discovery stipulations, protective orders, and discovery disputes
- Representing a pro bono client in immigration court proceedings, including hearing pursuant to the Convention Against Torture
Prior to joining Buckley, Ms. Helfer was a Litigation Associate at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, where she focused on commercial litigation in state and federal courts.
Ms. Helfer received her J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2016 (cum laude). During law school she served as the Associate Editor for the University of Pennsylvania Law Review. Ms. Helfer received her M.B.E from the University of Pennsylvania (2016) and her B.A. from Northwestern University (2012).
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania, 2016 (cum laude)
- M.B.E., University of Pennsylvania, 2016
- B.A. Northwestern University, 2012
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York