Avinoam D. Erdfarb is an Associate in the New York office of Buckley LLP. He represents clients in a variety of regulatory, compliance, and licensing matters involving consumer and commercial lending, mortgage servicing, mobile payments, consumer credit, Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering (BSA/AML), merchant cash advances, privacy and data security, and state licensing issues.
He also assists clients on financial regulations administered by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), and on matters involving the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)/Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)/Military Lending Act (MLA), and unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices (UDAAP).
Mr. Erdfarb’s representations include:
- Designing, augmenting, and reviewing comprehensive CMS programs for consumer financial services firms
- Advising the business on all regulatory and compliance matters related to the launch of digital and mobile wallets
- Reviewing a portfolio acquisition contract and advising on data sharing and customer servicing related compliance risks
Prior to joining Buckley, Mr. Erdfarb was an Associate for two national law firms. He also served as a Compliance Officer for Citigroup. For more than a year, he served as an Assistant Attorney General to the New York Attorney General under the office’s Volunteer Assistant AG Program, where he investigated claims of consumer harm — including claims tied to prepaid cards, robosigning, and phone bill cramming.
Mr. Erdfarb received his J.D. from New York University School of Law in 2010 and his B.A. from Yeshiva University (magna cum laude) in 2007.
- Alternative Finance
- Bank Counseling & Compliance
- Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering & Sanctions
- Consumer Finance
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Credit, Debit & Prepaid Cards
- Debt Collection & Buying
- Fair Lending
- Privacy, Cyber Risk & Data Security
- Private Banking
- Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2010
- B.A., Yeshiva University, 2007 (magna cum laude)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York