Don Meier advises public and private companies, private equity firms, venture capitalists, and other investors in a wide variety of corporate transactions, including M&A and securities transactions, critical vendor and other third-party relationships, and in the negotiation and drafting of related commercial agreements.
As Senior Counsel in the Washington, D.C., office of Buckley LLP, his practice focuses on M&A, outsourcing arrangements, marketplace lending, purchases and sales of loans, and loan-related assets, including servicing rights, servicing and subservicing contracts, corporate reorganizations, and corporate governance matters for banks, financial services companies, money transmitters, fintech companies, and other business entities. He also frequently advises banks and other financial services companies on vendor management considerations and loan repurchase and indemnification issues.
Representative transactions include assisting:
- Buyers and sellers of mortgage lenders in various transactions and structures
- Marketplace lenders and other fintech companies in their entry into and renegotiations of bank partnership, loan/advance/receivable sale and participation agreements, and servicing agreements
- Publicly traded entity in its investment in fintech company developing and operating a loan exchange and related platform
- A licensed money transmitter in its acquisition of businesses and related assets from competitors in its industry
- A major Wall Street wealth management concern in various private-label mortgage origination and servicing technology, business process outsourcing (BPO) and software-as-a-service (SaaS) agreements and certain loan purchase and sale transactions
- Investors, including banks, agreeing to purchase consumer loans from publicly-traded marketplace lender and secure servicing on negotiated terms meeting regulatory requirements
- A well-funded joint venture to structure and launch a mobile wallet and related e-commerce initiatives, including various third-party agreements to license or otherwise incorporate various technology
- Various banks and nonbanks seeking to establish mortgage and unsecured consumer loan origination assistance and servicing businesses
- A federal savings bank in the sale of a default mortgage servicing platform and a related agreement for the purchaser to subservice the bank’s defaulted loans
- A mortgage servicer in a private-label component subservicing agreement to address a regulatory prohibition on default servicing
Prior to joining Buckley LLP, Mr. Meier was a corporate and securities associate at an AmLaw 50 firm. He received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School (cum laude) and his B.A. from Villanova University (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa).
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Jan. 2, 2019) – Buckley Sandler LLP today announced the promotion of four associates to counsel, effective Jan. 1, 2019. “We are pleased to recognize these four outstanding attorneys who have consistently provided excellent service on behalf of our clients,” said Co-Managing...Press Releases