James C. Chou is an Associate in the Washington, D.C., office of Buckley LLP, where he assists clients in a wide range of regulatory, compliance, corporate, and transactional matters. His transactional work includes mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, credit facilities, and vendor agreements. Mr. Chou’s regulatory practice focuses on regulatory compliance, cybersecurity, and privacy.
Representative transactions and regulatory matters include assisting:
- A community bank in an asset purchase transaction
- A mortgage originator in a cyber-related incident involving the loss of personally identifiable information
- A fintech company in a subsidiary-parent merger transaction
- A mortgage servicer in a merger and related credit facility transaction
- A savings bank in a range of regulatory and compliance matters
Prior to joining Buckley, Mr. Chou spent nearly ten years as a Defense Analyst and a Senior Operations Research Analyst for the United States Army, where he focused on cybersecurity, defense policy, and program analysis.
Mr. Chou received his J.D. from American University in 2017. During law school he served as the Articles Editor for the American University Law Review. He received his M.S. from George Mason University in 2008, and his B.A. from the University of Virginia in 2005. Mr. Chou is conversational in Mandarin.