Jeffrey Hydrick represents bank and nonbank financial services clients across all facets of the payments business. As a Partner in the Washington, D.C., office of Buckley LLP, he advises on a variety of corporate and transactional matters, with a particular emphasis on mobile payments, bank outsourcing arrangements, payment processing and acquiring transactions, and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Hydrick has significant experience building strategic alliances between emerging and traditional payments companies, particularly in the mobile payments area, and he frequently advises clients on payment network issues and regulatory issues related to payments.
Recent engagements handled by Mr. Hydrick include:
- Representing a national bank in preparing and negotiating sponsorship, settlement, and customer referral arrangements with a merchant acquirer, in connection with the sale of the acquirer to a third party
- Representing a mobile payments platform in negotiating hosting arrangements with a number of card issuers and licensing arrangements with the four major U.S. payment networks, structuring the various components of the strategic alliance, and advising on various payment network and regulatory issues
- Negotiating card processing and technology outsourcing agreements on behalf of the largest U.S. payments processor with three of the largest U.S. card issuing banks
- Advising a federal savings bank on consumer regulatory matters related to its credit card servicing activities
- Negotiating an outsourcing arrangement on behalf of a U.S. global financial services company for the provision of a digital mortgage application by a start-up technology provider
Prior to joining Buckley, Mr. Hydrick was counsel at Sidley Austin LLP, where he handled corporate and transactional matters. Mr. Hydrick received his J.D. from Harvard University and his B.B.A. from the University of Miami (magna cum laude).
WASHINGTON, DC (March 31, 2021) – Buckley LLP announced that it promoted Jeffrey Hydrick, Katherine Katz, Sasha Leonhardt, Michael Rome, and Edward Somers to partner from counsel. "These five individuals, from three of our offices, have consistently provided exemplary legal work and guidance to our...Press Releases