Jennifer Cheo is an Associate in the Los Angeles office of Buckley LLP. She assists a variety of financial services clients on licensing, regulatory, compliance, and transactional matters involving privacy and data security, Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement & Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA), electronic banking and payments, commercial real estate lending, corporate governance, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML), employment laws, unfair or deceptive acts or practices (UDAP)/unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices (UDAAP)/California Unfair Competition Law (UCL), and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
Ms. Cheo’s representative matters include:
- Counseling clients on proposed business deals including acquisitions, licensing, and other arrangements
- Preparing and reviewing customer-facing and vendor contracts, including business and consumer lending applications/disclosures/terms and conditions, ACH authorizations, guaranties, and arbitration agreements
- Advising a client base of over 100 financial institutions on matters related to corporate governance, marketing/advertising, regulatory compliance, consumer and commercial lending, privacy and data security, and banking operations
- Managing client state licensing and registration projects for various state license types including mortgage and consumer lending/brokerage and real estate brokerage
Prior to joining Buckley, she was an Associate at a boutique financial services law firm. She received her J.D. and M.B.A from Chapman University in 2017, and her B.A. from California State University in 2008.
- J.D., Chapman University, 2017
- M.B.A., Chapman University, 2017
- B.A., California State University, 2008