Lauren L. Erker is Counsel in the Los Angeles office of Buckley LLP. She litigates and advises financial services companies and industry-leading technology, retail, and manufacturing firms in consumer class actions, complex commercial litigation, and enforcement actions. She advises on matters under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA), Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), state unfair practices, unfair competition, and false advertising statutes, California’s Proposition 65, and state and federal privacy laws.
Prior to joining Buckley, Ms. Erker was a Litigation Associate at Morrison & Foerster LLP, and clerked for the Honorable William B. Shubb of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California.
Ms. Erker received her J.D. from Harvard Law School in 2012. During law school, she served as the Executive Articles Editor for the Harvard Law & Policy Review. She received her B.A. from the University of California, Berkeley in 2009.
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Jan. 25, 2022) – Buckley LLP today announced the promotion of five associates to counsel and three to senior counsel, effective Jan. 1. The attorneys are from the firm’s Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C., offices. “These eight attorneys have regularly...Press Releases
“Implications of the SCOTUS Viking River Cruises decision for arbitration agreements covering California consumer protection claims” by Fredrick S. Levin, James McGuire, Sarah Davis, and Lauren L. Erker
For practitioners seeking to send California consumer claims to arbitration, the U.S. Supreme Court’s recent opinion in Viking River Cruises, Inc. v. Moriana (“Viking”), offers guidance for avoiding the pitfalls of California’s McGill rule, which has been a roadblock...Buckley Commentary & Analysis
- J.D., Harvard University, 2012
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Law Clerk, Hon. William B. Shubb, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California