Michael N. Morrill is an Associate in the Washington, D.C., office of Buckley LLP, where he represents corporate and individual clients in a wide range of white collar and complex civil litigation matters. Over his career, his practice has encompassed a variety of areas, including:
- Assisting in several highly sensitive internal investigations, including ones into a major financial institution and a medical device manufacturer
- Representing a social media site in a class action suit involving the use of a novel technology
- Defending a city college in a construction dispute that was ultimately resolved at an arbitration
Prior to joining Buckley, Mr. Morrill was a litigation associate at Mayer Brown LLP and clerked for the Honorable Danny Boggs of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Mr. Morrill received his J.D. in 2014 from the University of Chicago Law School (with honors) where he was a member of the University of Chicago Law Review, and his B.A. in 2010 from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (with highest honors and highest distinction).
Licensed in Illinois but not in the District of Columbia; practicing in the District of Columbia under the supervision of Lauren Randell.
One of the federal government’s most immediate responses to the coronavirus crisis was a highly visible campaign against profiteering. While the absence of an overarching federal anti-price gouging statute has forced prosecutors to improvise and legislators to contemplate new laws in order to...Buckley Commentary & Analysis
- J.D., University of Chicago, 2014
- B.A., University of North Carolina, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Law Clerk, Hon. Danny Boggs, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit