Ryan S. Pollard, Counsel in Buckley LLP’s Washington, D.C., office, represents financial services clients, private equity and venture capitalists, and other investors in a wide range of corporate and transactional matters. His work includes mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, critical vendor agreements, fintech agreements, mortgage loan and mortgage servicing rights purchase and sale agreements, servicing and subservicing agreements, credit and security agreements, processing and payment agreements, and debt and equity issuances.
Representative transactions include assisting:
- A fintech company in the acquisition of a software company that provides analytics for financial institutions and in the acquisition of a leading document preparation company
- Community banks and underwriters in private or public debt and equity issuances
- Community banks in merger transactions, including related regulatory and corporate diligence
- A major mortgage originator with the sale of its origination platform and related assets in two separate transactions
- A well-funded joint venture to structure and launch a mobile wallet and related e-commerce initiatives
- A major Wall Street wealth management concern in a private-label mortgage origination and servicing transaction
- Buyers and sellers of mortgage loans and servicing rights, including through correspondent and other channels, with aggregate principal balances in the hundreds of billions of dollars
Prior to joining Buckley, Mr. Pollard was a corporate and securities associate in private practice, where he represented clients in a broad range of local, national, and international corporate transactions.
Mr. Pollard received his J.D. from the George Washington University (with honors) and his B.S. from the University of Maryland, College Park.
Buckley LLP represented Frederick County Bancorp, Inc. and its wholly owned subsidiary, Frederick County Bank, in its acquisition by ACNB Corp. in a transaction valued at $60 million.
ACNB Bank will operate former Frederick County Bank locations as “FCB Bank, A Division of ACNB Bank.”...Announcements
Buckley Sandler LLP represented longtime client Delmar Bancorp in a share exchange transaction with Virginia Partners Bank.
Under the agreement, each share of Virginia Partners Bank common stock will be exchanged for 1.7179 shares of Delmar common stock. Options...Announcements
- Buckley Sandler LLP represented FVCBankcorp, Inc. (FVCB) in its acquisition of Colombo Bank in a cash and stock transaction for total consideration valued at approximately $33.3 million. Following the closing of the transaction, expected in the fourth quarter of 2018, Colombo will merge into...Announcements
Buckley Sandler LLP represented Luther Burbank Corp., a bank holding company headquartered in Santa Rosa, California, in its recent initial public offering of common stock, which raised gross proceeds of approximately $150 million.
Buckley Sandler advised the sole book-running manager, Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P., in the $150 million public offering by Union Bankshares Corporation of 5.00% subordinated notes due in 2026.
Union Bankshares Corporation, headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, is the holding company...Announcements
"Force majeure in the Covid era – What now?" by Elizabeth E. McGinn, Ryan S. Pollard, and Anthony Carral (Sports Litigation Alert)
The Covid-19 pandemic has significantly impacted all aspects of the global economy, and sports is among the many industries that moved quickly to minimize the disruption. Very early on, members of the sports industry scrambled to analyze their force majeure clauses as customers, vendors, and key...Articles