Ryan S. Pollard, Counsel in Buckley LLP’s Washington, D.C., office, represents financial services clients, private equity and venture capitalists, and other investors in a wide range of corporate and transactional matters. His work includes mergers and acquisitions, commercial and structured financings, fund formation and portfolio acquisition and divestment, joint ventures, critical vendor agreements, bank partnership and other fintech agreements, mortgage loan and mortgage servicing rights purchase and sale agreements, servicing and subservicing agreements, processing and payment agreements, debt and equity issuances, and sweepstakes matters.
As a key member of Buckley’s commercial finance practice, Mr. Pollard focuses on representing borrowers and lenders in loan origination financing (in mortgage, auto, consumer and other loans, including warehouse and repurchase facilities) and servicing advance financing, acquisition financing (including mortgage servicing rights), syndicated financing, fund financing, working capital financing, litigation financing, and asset based financing. Mr. Pollard also assists clients with obtaining required applicable agency approvals in connection with these transactions.
Representative transactions include assisting:
- A mobile banking service provider in the acquisition of a payments platform
- A fintech company in the acquisition of a software company that provides analytics for financial institutions and in the acquisition of a leading document preparation company
- A major credit card originator with a take-out facility
- A major non-bank mortgage loan originator with a loan participation warehouse facility with inter-creditor and clearing agreements with lines in excess of $1 billion
- Originators and non-bank lenders in revolving credit facilities for unsecured consumer notes
- Major bank lenders in servicing advance facilities
- Community banks and underwriters in private or public debt and equity issuances
- Banks and other financial institutions in M&A transactions, including related regulatory and corporate diligence
- A major mortgage originator with the sale of its origination platform and related assets in two separate transactions
- A major Wall Street wealth management concern in a private-label mortgage origination and servicing transaction
- Buyers and sellers of mortgage loans and servicing rights, including through correspondent and other channels, with aggregate principal balances in the hundreds of billions of dollars
Prior to joining Buckley, Mr. Pollard was a corporate and securities associate in private practice, where he represented clients in a broad range of local, national, and international corporate transactions.
Mr. Pollard received his J.D. from the George Washington University (with honors) and his B.S. from the University of Maryland, College Park.
Buckley LLP represented Frederick County Bancorp, Inc. and its wholly owned subsidiary, Frederick County Bank, in its acquisition by ACNB Corp. in a transaction valued at $60 million.
ACNB Bank will operate former Frederick County Bank locations as “FCB Bank, A Division of ACNB Bank.”...Announcements
Buckley Sandler LLP represented longtime client Delmar Bancorp in a share exchange transaction with Virginia Partners Bank.
Under the agreement, each share of Virginia Partners Bank common stock will be exchanged for 1.7179 shares of Delmar common stock. Options...Announcements
- Buckley Sandler LLP represented FVCBankcorp, Inc. (FVCB) in its acquisition of Colombo Bank in a cash and stock transaction for total consideration valued at approximately $33.3 million. Following the closing of the transaction, expected in the fourth quarter of 2018, Colombo will merge into...Announcements
Buckley Sandler LLP represented Luther Burbank Corp., a bank holding company headquartered in Santa Rosa, California, in its recent initial public offering of common stock, which raised gross proceeds of approximately $150 million.
Buckley Sandler advised the sole book-running manager, Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P., in the $150 million public offering by Union Bankshares Corporation of 5.00% subordinated notes due in 2026.
Union Bankshares Corporation, headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, is the holding company...Announcements
"Force majeure in the Covid era – What now?" by Elizabeth E. McGinn, Ryan S. Pollard, and Anthony Carral (Sports Litigation Alert)
The Covid-19 pandemic has significantly impacted all aspects of the global economy, and sports is among the many industries that moved quickly to minimize the disruption. Very early on, members of the sports industry scrambled to analyze their force majeure clauses as customers, vendors, and key...Articles