Sarah B. Meehan is an Associate in the Washington, D.C., office of Buckley LLP, where she represents corporate and individual clients in a wide range of government enforcement, litigation, regulatory, and compliance matters.
Prior to joining Buckley, Ms. Meehan clerked for the Honorable Roderick C. Young in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
Ms. Meehan received her J.D. from the University of Richmond (summa cum laude, Order of the Coif) in 2018. During law school she served as the Manuscripts Editor for the University of Richmond Law Review and was awarded the J. Westwood Smithers Award and the Phillip Cudlipp Medal for academic excellence. She received her B.A. from the University of Maryland, College Park in 2015.
"School of hard knocks: Federal student loan servicing and the looming federal student loan crisis" by Jeffrey P. Naimon, Sasha Leonhardt, and Sarah B. Meehan (American University Administrative Law Review)
Nearly forty-three million Americans collectively owe $1.5 trillion in outstanding student loan debt. Of that, approximately ten percent of student loan debt is over ninety days delinquent or in default, while the actual delinquency rate is estimated to likely be double this amount due to the fact...Articles
- J.D., University of Richmond, 2018 (summa cum laude, Order of the Coif)
- B.A., University of Maryland, College Park, 2015
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Law Clerk, Hon. Roderick C. Young, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia