Tihomir “T.” Yankov represents financial services industry clients in a wide range of government enforcement matters and internal investigations, with an emphasis on information governance and electronic discovery issues. As Senior Counsel in the Washington, D.C., office of Buckley LLP, he has represented clients in matters involving the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS), and other state regulators, including state attorneys general.
Mr. Yankov has extensive experience assisting clients in matters involving complex electronic discovery issues, including negotiating the scope and parameters of discovery during meet-and-confer conferences with government attorneys and opposing counsel, overseeing large-scale document collections, and utilizing cutting-edge technology to reduce review and production costs.
Representative work includes:
- Representing a large insurer in an FTC investigation regarding insurance sales practices
- Advising clients on information governance and data retention issues
- Representing numerous banks and nonbanks in a wide range of CFPB investigations, including matters relating to mortgage origination and servicing, FCRA, and student lending and servicing
- Assisting clients with CFPB pre-enforcement matters, including responding to Notice and Opportunity to Respond and Advise (NORA) letters
- Representing financial industry companies in multiagency and multistate investigations, including with various state regulators and state attorneys general
Mr. Yankov has published on various topics related to data risk and electronic discovery and co-authored the chapter on “Oversight of Compliance and Control Responsibilities” for Navigating the Digital Age – The Definitive Cybersecurity Guide for Directors and Officers.
Mr. Yankov also serves as Director of the firm’s FORTÉ e-discovery and information governance service, which focuses on providing pragmatic, strategic and tactical solutions to a wide array of clients facing complex e-discovery challenges and data risk mitigation strategies.
Mr. Yankov received his J.D. from American University in 2011 (cum laude) and his B.A. from the University of Virginia in 2005. He is a member of the Sedona Conference (Working Groups 1 and 11) and the firm’s e-discovery working group.
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Jan. 25, 2022) – Buckley LLP today announced the promotion of five associates to counsel and three to senior counsel, effective Jan. 1. The attorneys are from the firm’s Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C., offices. “These eight attorneys have regularly...Press Releases