PLI's Internal Investigations 2014: Commencing the Investigation - Considerations at the Outset
New York, NY
David Krakoff spoke at PLI's Internal Investigations 2014 conference on June 24, 2014 in New York. His panel, "Commencing the Investigation: Considerations at the Outset" focused on:
- How do you deal with allegations by a whistleblower?
- What are the labor and employment issues?
- When is an investigation warranted?
- Who should oversee the investigation?
- Who should conduct the investigation? In-house vs. outside counsel
- What is the appropriate scope of the investigation?
- Who should know about the investigation?
- What steps should be taken to preserve documents?
- What are the considerations of the plaintiff’s lawyer?
- How can you manage the costs of an investigation?
- Dealing with international issues?