Buckley Sandler Names Five New Partners in 2015 Promotions
WASHINGTON, DC (May 26, 2015) – Buckley Sandler LLP, a leading financial services and litigation & enforcement law firm, has promoted Melissa Klimkiewicz, Jon David D. Langlois, Aaron C. Mahler, Adam Miller and Ross E. Morrison to its partnership, effective May 1, 2015.
“Our new partners reflect the continuing growth and vitality of the firm’s practices, with backgrounds spanning regulatory compliance, transactions, regulatory enforcement, complex civil litigation and white collar criminal enforcement,” noted Andrew L. Sandler, firm Chairman and Executive Partner. “These five lawyers have earned the confidence of our clients and the partnership through their legal excellence, dedication, judgment and superior client service. We are very proud to welcome them into the firm’s partnership.”
Sandler added, “It is particularly gratifying that we continue to be able to act on our founding principal to create a law firm that provides opportunities for advancement to exceptionably able and committed lawyers. We now have promoted to partner 12 lawyers from our deep and diverse talent pool in the last three years.”
Buckley Sandler’s newly elected partners are:
- MELISSA KLIMKIEWICZ. Based in Washington, Klimkiewicz represents financial services industry clients in regulatory and compliance matters, with a focus on mortgage lending and servicing issues. She is Co-Chair of the Housing Finance Subcommittee of the American Bar Association’s Consumer Financial Services Committee and serves as a board member for a Montana non-profit affordable housing and financial education provider. Klimkiewicz received a J.D. from The George Washington University Law School (2004), with honors, where she was Articles Editor of The George Washington Law Review; she received a B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania (2000), magna cum laude. Klimkiewicz has been with Buckley Sandler since its founding March 2009.
- JON DAVID D. LANGLOIS. Based in Washington, Langlois provides regulatory compliance advice and transactional representation to a diverse group of financial services clients. His practice includes a focus on mortgage servicing activities, including assessment and advice on default servicing and loss mitigation, complex internal and investigations and regulatory examinations with the CFPB and other regulators and third party oversight and vendor relationships. He also advises clients on a variety of corporate and transactional matters, including capital markets transactions such as loan and MSR sales. Langlois received his J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center (2005), where he was Senior Editor of the Georgetown Journal of Law and Public Policy; he received his B.A. from the University of Richmond (1997). Langlois has been with Buckley Sandler since its founding March 2009.
- AARON C. MAHLER. Based in Washington, Mahler represents financial services companies and individuals in a wide range of matters, including government enforcement agency investigations and litigation, private civil litigation, and regulatory examinations. He focuses a substantial portion of his practice on representing bank and non-bank financial institutions in government examinations, investigations, and enforcement actions and has served as counsel in matters involving the CFPB, FDIC, DOJ and the Federal Reserve. He received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law, Order of the Coif (2006), where he was the Essays Editor on the Virginia Law Review. He received a B.A. from Brigham Young University, summa cum laude (2003). Mahler joined Buckley Sandler in September 2010 following his federal circuit court clerkship.
- ADAM MILLER. Based in Washington, Miller represents corporate and individual clients in civil and criminal enforcement cases and investigations, FCPA cases, securities class action litigation, commercial disputes, accounting fraud cases, antitrust matters and bankruptcy proceedings. He also focuses on e-Discovery issues. His notable cases at Buckley Sandler include securing summary judgment in one of the largest securities fraud class actions ever litigated and settling an FCPA suit brought by the SEC on the eve of trial with no admission of wrongdoing, no payment of money and no restriction on future employment for his client. Miller received his J.D. from Duke University School of Law, magna cum laude (2000), where he served as Notes Editor for the Duke Law Journal; he received a B.A. from American University, cum laude (1996). Miller joined Buckley Sandler in July 2010 with current partners David Krakoff, Christopher Regan and Lauren Randell, to help develop the firm’s complex civil litigation and white collar criminal enforcement practices.
- ROSS E. MORRISON. Based in New York, Morrison represents financial services and other corporate clients in complex civil litigation, including trials, and government enforcement matters. As a former Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, where he held the supervisory position of Deputy Chief Appellate Attorney in the Civil Division, he has substantial litigation experience at both the trial and appellate levels, and with government investigations and enforcement matters. Morrison regularly handles investigations, enforcement matters and litigation involving claims of fraud, unfair business practices and alleged violations of the False Claims Act, FIRREA and criminal laws, among others. Morrison has served as an adjunct professor at Fordham Law School. He graduated from Harvard Law School, cum laude (1994), and received his B.A. from Wesleyan University (1991), Phi Beta Kappa. Following law school, Morrison clerked for federal district court Judge Shira A. Scheindlin in the Southern District of New York.
With more than 160 lawyers in Washington, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and London, Buckley Sandler provides best-in-class legal counsel to meet the challenges of its financial services industry and other corporate and individual clients across the full range of government enforcement actions, complex and class action litigation and transactional, regulatory and public policy issues. The Firm represents many of the nation's leading financial services institutions. Buckley Sandler Online: www.buckleyfirm.com; Twitter:https://twitter.com/Buckley Sandler; InfoBytes Blog: http://www.infobytesblog.com.