Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Rule (HMDA) Implementation
Resources to help industry understand, implement, and comply with the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act and Regulation C.
Quick Reference Guides
- Executive summary – Overview of changes to the rule issued Oct. 15, 2015.
- Key dates timeline - One page overview of the effective dates for different elements of the rule.
- 2017 HMDA institutional coverage chart – Reference tool illustrating the criteria to help determine whether an institution is covered by Regulation C in 2017.
- 2018 HMDA institutional coverage chart – Reference tool illustrating the criteria to help determine whether an institution is covered by Regulation C in 2018 and thereafter.
- 2018 HMDA transactional coverage chart – Reference tool illustrating one approach to help determine whether a transaction is reportable under HMDA.
- Summary of reportable data – Reference tool for HMDA data required to be collected, recorded, and reported.
- Reporting “Not Applicable” – Reference tool for when to report HMDA data as "not applicable."
- Collection and Reporting of HMDA Information about Ethnicity and Race
- HMDA webinar 1 Overview of the HMDA final rule (if you do not have access to YouTube, you may watch the video here).
- HMDA webinar 2 Overview of identifiers, including entity, applications or loans, property and loan originator, as well as data points related to applicants and borrowers (if you do not have access to YouTube you may watch the video here ).
Supervision and examination materials
- CFPB Supervision and Examination manual – Guide to how the CFPB will supervise and examine entities under its jurisdiction for compliance with Federal consumer financial law.
- Supervisory highlights
- Sample data collection form – Demographic information of applicant or co-applicant (Effective Jan 1. 2018).
- Data submission resources for HMDA filers
FFIEC / HUD Resources
Filing Instructions Guides
- For data collected in 2017
- For data collected in or after 2018
- For data collected in or prior to 2016
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)