STAGE Network Webinar: An Insider's View of Dealing with State Attorneys General
Special Guest: Hon. Patrick C. Lynch, former Rhode Island Attorney General and former President of the National Association of Attorneys General.
This webinar featured a discussion, led by Mr. Lynch, on how to proactively interact with State Attorney General offices to build relationships and open up effective channels of communication.
It also included practical advice on responding to Civil Investigative Demands (CIDs). This discussion was led by Benjamin Klubes of Buckley Sandler LLP and Raymond Banoun of Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP, both of whom have extensive experience dealing with state and federal law enforcement and regulatory agencies on behalf of clients.
When: January 18, 2012 at 2:30 ET
Cost: There is no charge to view this webinar.
State AG and Congressional Round-up
- An up-to-the-minute summary of recent State AG and Congressional initiatives
Interacting with State AGs - Practical Concepts for Financial Services Firms
- Advice from the perspective of the AG and the AG's staff
- Real world insights on what to do, and what not to do, when dealing with an AG
"Best Practices" - Responding to CIDs
- Perspectives on determining and carrying through a successful response
Jeremiah S. Buckley, Buckley Sandler LLP
Bradley J. Bondi, Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft
Doyle Bartlett, ERIS Group
About STAGE Network
The STAGE Network, a collaborative effort involving our respective firms, is a response to two of the most significant regulatory changes to emerge from the financial crisis: (1) the vastly increased enforcement role assumed by State AGs with respect to financial services providers; and (2) the creation of the new CFPB, charged among other things with working closely with State AGs to protect consumers. STAGE Network is committed to:
- Raising awareness of the rapidly expanding role that State AGs and state regulators are playing in enforcement of laws impacting financial services companies
- Establishing a forum for discussion of important policy issues with State AGs and state regulators
- Facilitating compliance with existing and anticipated state laws and regulations through education and outreach efforts