Webcasts & Speaking Engagements
Steven R. vonBerg discussed “The latest on the political football of the new administration, QM rule cancellation & their implications” at the IMN Non-QM Forum
Manhattan Beach, CA
Steve vonBerg drew upon his legal experience in the mortgage industry as well as his background as a loan officer and underwriter to discuss:
- Risk retention link between Qualified Mortgages and Qualified Residential Mortgages
- Will GSE guidelines push more borrowers to non-QM?
- Worried about fair lending?
- Any impact on Community Development Financial Institutions Fund
- The 7% rule and its implications on second homes and investment properties
- Increased bank lending regulations and restrictions … good for the non-QM market?
- What are regulatory audits looking like? Individual loan scrutiny?
- Insurance companies and whole loan purchases
- What are the real-world risks in the non-QM market? Where have court cases been successful?
- Impact of new leadership of FHFA