Jon David D. Langlois discussed "Transaction management-issues surrounding purchase & sale agreements, post acquisition integration & trailing docs" at the Investment Management Network Residential Mortgage Servicing Rights Forum
New York, NY
This session discussed:
- Bankruptcy post acquisition, pre-transfer: Who bears the risk?
- Authority, responsibility and timeline of data and trailing docs during transfer period
- Agency vs. private label securities
- Servicer termination and repurchase provisions
- First call and hello/goodbye communication
- E-docs and MERS
- Missing trailing docs and the impact on a sale
- Reps & warranties: What’s new? Negotiable?
- Entity-level acquisition and the associated post-acquisition MSR integration issues
- Where were you tripped up on your last transaction? What did you change so that it didn’t happen again?